For nearly 25 years, the board-certified ophthalmologists, optometrists at Carolina Eyecare Physicians have provided for the eye care needs of Lowcountry patients. Our eye doctors are pioneers in the field of ophthalmology and have more than 300 years of combined experience in treating eye disorders. We strive to improve patients’ vision through the most advanced technology and techniques.
Our team is committed to advancing the treatment of ocular disease in the Lowcountry and our cutting edge clinical research has led to FDA approval of new treatments and procedures worldwide. We are a multi-specialty, comprehensive practice offering routine eye care and services for the whole range of eye conditions as well as for glasses and contact lenses. We invite you to explore treatment option for various eye conditions including cataract and refractive surgery, diabetic treatments, dry eye syndrome, corneal disease, glaucoma, eyelid problems and retina disease and treatment. We have six full-service locations throughout Charleston and the surrounding area to include five optical shops. We look forward to answering any questions you may have and working with you to improve your vision and quality of life.
We accept all major health insurance plans such as Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Tricare and Cigna. If you have other insurance, give us a call to see if we participate with your insurance carrier.
Our Mission and Vision and Values
Who We Are…
We are a dynamic organization of respected clinical eye care providers and supporting staff with extraordinary educational and professional credentials, who are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
Our focus: to define, develop and pursue the best possible technologies, practices and services to respond to patients’ needs and improve the potential for best-possible vision in a tradition of Excellence.
- We are a group of energetic eye care professionals who share the same philosophy:
Our patient comes first! That’s why we do everything we can to meet your eye care needs.
- We are professional colleagues who are also friends.
- We are a practice with strong ties to the community.
- We are practicing ophthalmology in a friendly, family-oriented business environment.
- We provide easy access to the care you need. We cover a larger area than any other eye care provider.
- We’ve got you covered. If your doctor is not available when you need him, one of us will make certain that you receive the care you need and deserve.
- We are qualified to provide quality subspecialty care, no matter what eye care need arises!
- We do more cataract procedures than all of the other providers in this area combined!
- We do more LASIK than anyone else in this area!
- We may provide more patient visits than anyone else in this area, but we treat each and every patient as if they are our only patient!
Our bottom line: We do everything possible to make sure that you have your best possible vision so you can live life on your own terms!