- Board Certified in Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience from Washington and Lee University in Virginia.
- During her undergraduate studies, she attended St. Andrews University in Scotland, where she completed a study of international health systems.
- Completed a retina research fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Storm Eye Institute prior to completing her ophthalmology residency.
- She was the recipient of the R.E. Lee Honor Scholarship, the Arnold P. Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Award, the Nabors Service League Honorary Award, and Patients’ Choice Award. She was also recognized as a National Institute of Health Student Scholar.
- She is currently affiliated with several associations, including AAO, UFS, ASCRS, SCMA, and various charitable organizations that provide community outreach efforts including Operation Sight and Eyecare America.
- Serves on the Young Eye Surgeons Committee (YES) for the American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Her practice provides comprehensive and consultative personalized eye care utilizing the latest technology, including laser-assisted cataract surgery and minimally invasive glaucoma surgery. Dr. Burger started practicing with Carolina Eyecare Physicians in May 2013. To schedule an appointment, please call 843-571-7337.
DR. BURGER PROVIDES TREATMENT FOR:
- Cataract Surgery (multifocal and astigmatic IOLs)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Urgent (same day) eye problems