- Board certified in ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery
- Undergraduate education: Bowdoin College (Brunswick, Maine)
- Masters degree in Public Health: Johns Hopkins University
- Medical school: Johns Hopkins University
- Internship (Internal Medicine): Johns Hopkins University
- Residency training: University of Illinois (Chicago)
- Research fellowship: Johns Hopkins University
- Fellowship training (Oculoplastic Surgery & Orbital Oncology): University of Iowa (Iowa City)
- Former MUSC assistant professor (Ophthalmology, Dermatology and Otolaryngology
- Former MUSC professor of ophthalmology (Stanley & Theodore Feldberg endowed chair)
Learn more about Dr. Gene Howard at www.drgenehoward.com.
Dr. Howard is an Oculoplastic surgeon (eye plastic surgery).
The services he provides include:
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Forehead lift (endoscopic and direct)
- Ptosis repair
- Ectropion/Entropion repair
- Skin cancer repair
- Scar revisions
- Removal of tumors of the eyelid and eye socket
- Eyesocket repair
- Tear duct surgery
Cosmetic services provided by Dr. Howard include:
- Lower eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Laser resurfacing for wrinkles
- Botox® Cosmetic
- Restylane® dermal filler
- Radiesse® dermal filler
Dr. Howard sees patients at the following Carolina Eyecare Physicians offices:
Meet Dr. Howard’s Physician Assistant Malissa Sandhu, PA-C
Malissa Sandhu is a certified Physician Assistant who performs oculoplastic evaluations and assists during surgical procedures.
In 1997, Malissa received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the College of Charleston, and was a cum laude graduate of the Medical University of South Carolina in 2000, with a Bachelor of Science degree in physician assisting.
She is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants. Malissa was previously a Clinical Instructor at the Medical University of South Carolina and remains Adjunct Faculty at the Physician Assistant program.
Malissa can be reached at 843-793-LIDS (5437), or toll-free (877-817-3437).
Need more information about Malissa Sandhu? Read her full Curriculum Vitae.
Are you ready to make an appointment to see Dr. Howard? Call 843-793-LIDS (5437), or toll-free (877-817-3437), or you can schedule online.