- Board certified in ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery
- Undergraduate education: Washington and Lee University
- Medical school: University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Internship: Georgia Baptist Medical Center (Atlanta)
- Residency training: Medical College of South Carolina
- Fellowship training: Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital (Atlanta)
- Founding member: Carolina Eyecare Physicians and Physicians Eye Surgery Center
- Member of active medical staff of Roper St. Francis Health System
“Striving for excellence with compassion has made my almost 30 years in medical practice very fulfilling. I am thankful for the God-given opportunity to serve others as their eye physician and for the ability to protect and restore vision.”
Dr. Boatwright provides treatment for:
- Cataract Surgery (multifocal and astigmatic IOLs)
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Urgent (same day) eye problems
Dr. Boatwright is available for consultations with physicians and optometrists. He also performs eye exams and provides consultations on pediatric eye problems. Dr. Boatwright’s cataract patients experience more youthful vision, and each patient is treated with such care it’s like they are his only patient.
He sees patients at the following offices:
If you know someone who needs but cannot afford a vision correction procedure, tell them about Operation Sight! For more information concerning Operation Sight visit OperationSight.org
Testimonials for Dr. Boatwright:
Dear Dr. Boatwright,
How do you thank someone for giving you second sight?
As a diagnostician, I think you are incomparable; as a surgeon, incredibly skilled; and perhaps most important, as a compassionate physician you manifest your highest calling.
I shall always remember your pre-operative prayer: for skill to your hands, judgment to your mind, and healing for your patient. For that I was and always will be blessed and grateful.
Dear Dr. Boatwright,
I want to thank you for taking such good care of me during my “cataract” days. It was and is a very tough and trying time but your manner, your approach and your skill as a physician made it much easier for me to handle. For this, I am deeply grateful. I am not a good patient, I know that. I am full of questions and concerns, and tend to be of a somewhat nervous nature. In the hands of a doctor like yourself, I felt entirely comfortable and trusting.
Thanks again for guiding me so capably and expertly through these tough days. I am forever in your debt. You gave me my sight back. What a gift! I am proud to say that you are my doctor.
Regards and thanks,
Are you ready to make an appointment to see Dr. Boatwright? Call (843) 722-2010 or schedule online.